Work. Life. Balance.
Job Title: Technical Analyst
Reports to: Director, Client Services
The Technical Analyst is a technical position within the organization. This position is responsible for the escalated support and implementation needs of our customers. This relates to all technology including servers, cloud solutions, printers, networks and vendor specific software and hardware.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware.
- Design, implementation, and support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Engineer and implement system solutions for customers using technologies that meet their needs.
- Implement and support disaster recovery solutions.
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- System documentation and consulting services to include system reviews and recommendations.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages.
- Understanding of Microsoft, VMware, Cisco, Citrix, and related technologies; entry- to mid-level certification preferred (e.g. MCP, MCT, CCA, CCAA, CCEA, VCP, CCNA);
- Understanding of key technologies, specifically virtualization, platforms, end user computing, networking, and cloud computing;
- Ability to work under pressure and within a fast paced team environment;
- Ability to maintain product certifications, and stay up to date on technology portfolio;
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with internal teams and external clients both on paper and off;
- Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently, including punctual responsiveness;
- Ability to understand the key difference between proactive and reactive work habits;
- Working beyond established or ordinary work periods to perfect service delivery;
- Attending to the most detailed aspects of projects to be sure they are completed correctly;
- Focusing on the importance of process rather than just the overall goal;
- Ability to analyze information and evaluating results;
- Setting challenging personal goals and working independently to with minimal supervision; andAble to adapt to change, adjusting skill sets when required.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.