Business Development Representative
Advancement: Account Executive
At Third Octet, a Business Development Rep (BDR) finds and engages prospective buyers at some of Canada’s most innovative companies. The BDR finds the right people in our target markets, connects them with our Sales team, and drives Third Octet’s growth. Using your determination, quick-thinking, and curiosity skills, you will prospect and qualify leads and opportunities for Third Octet’s solutions and managed services offerings, including warm and cold outreach. You will also be partnering closely with internal team members from Sales and Marketing to achieve team goals and work towards Third Octet’s growth. This is a fantastic opportunity for a future sales hunter who wants to get into the company and learn how we operate.
- Generate leads and build relationships with IT leaders by conducting high-level qualifying conversations with prospective customers.
- Contact and qualify prospects through cold calls and emails.
- Challenge the status quo when targeting and qualifying leads.
- Prioritize and organize the lead pipeline for maximum efficiency on a daily basis.
- Position the value of Third Octet’s solutions and managed services offerings to new and existing clients.
- Educate and guide buyers through their journey to learn how Third Octet can positively impact their business.
- Identify solution stacks within Third Octet’s portfolio, and be able to identify where, why, and how Third Octet can facilitate the business and technical needs of clients.
- Track all sales activity in our CRM.
- Contribute to the development and fine-tuning of sales process, procedures, and policy.
- Act as a customer advocate, evangelist and represent the business and technical needs of Third Octet clients. Build an internal knowledge database related to what customers are doing in their technology environments and the profiles of those you’re interacting with.
- Collaborate with key Third Octet vendors and solution partners to attain joint goals.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up to date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Some technology sales experience (eg., IT services and products, managed IT services, IT consulting, SaaS)
- Demonstrated level of success in the development of client relationships
- Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Willingness to learn about constantly changing technologies
- High energy and drive with good negotiation skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly while embracing ambiguity.
- Self-motivated, with an entrepreneurial desire and the ability to work in a fast-moving environment – all about the hustle and grit
- Competitive salary with personally tailored benefits (health, vision, dental, paramedical)
- Flexibility in how, when, and where you work across a 4.5-day work week with a vacation policy that is well-above standards
- Focus windows to permit deep and uninterrupted work
- Broad exposure to technology solutions through client engagements and lab environments
- Funded lifelong learning through an immersive education platform, vendor training, and soft skills development
- Career development paths and planning
- Wellness support, including access to employee wellness platform and wellness allowance
- Open voice to shape direction of company with leadership who serves your best interest
- Work. Life. Balance.
If you are interested and up for the challenge of working with a highly-focused, growth-oriented leader in Collaborative (Managed) Services, we invite you to apply now and take our assessment. We are excited to hear from you.
Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, we will only be able to contact those candidates who are being most actively considered for a position. We thank you for your interest and application.