Director of Professional Services
Team: Professional Services
As a Director of Professional Services for Third Octet, you provide professional services team oversight, technical sales and service enablement, and expertise in design, implementation and support of our technology portfolio. Your focus will be team and project management, client engagements (project focus) in both pre- and post-sales capacities and professional services revenue generation, working alongside Sales and Marketing, Solutions Architects, Engineering, PMO, and dependent service teams.
- Leading, coaching, and overseeing a team of Solution Architects, Solution Engineers, and Project Coordinators.
- Providing senior leadership to Professional Services while working with peers on joint projects.
- Acting as a Change Agent, formulating project management strategy for services and ensuring consistency in delivery.
- Ensuring team’s adherence to processes, procedures and policies and monitoring overall performance, utilization, and efficiency.
- Coordinating with senior management to ensure projects are meeting corporate and client objectives.
- Executing resource allocation to meet project objectives while achieving optimal utilization and quality.
- Ensuring projects are managed within schedules, within profitability through regular review and reporting.
- Improving current service programs and approaches to allow for scale and exploring the introduction of processes and procedures to continue service delivery improvements and excellence.
- Developing consulting programs that increase the overall value of Third Octet services.
- Demonstrating strategic agility, development of direct reports, and demonstrating strong decision making, analytical and communication skills.
- Performing employee reviews, initiating process improvements and delivering presentations, internally and externally, as necessary.
- Working with clients in a pre-sales capacity assisting Third Octet sales individuals in tailoring the proper solution, as well as assisting sales individuals with quoting the necessary hardware, software, and professional services;
- Assisting with and developing Statements of Work and Proposals for client engagements, including identification of service fees;
- Assisting clients with Proof of Concept (POC) implementations;
- Working with clients and Third Octet engineers and architects in project engagements in implementation, roll-out, post-support, and escalation capacity;
- Creating documentation, project plans, and infrastructure diagrams relating to client engagements;
- Assisting with internal initiatives relating to infrastructure operations, including production and shared service infrastructures;
- Maintaining team certifications and lifelong learning exercises relevant to solution portfolio, specifically with Citrix, VMware, Microsoft, Cisco and hardware platforms;
- Assisting with internal marketing initiatives, such as product demonstrations during corporate seminars and client activities;
- Participating in internal exploration and discovery sessions with Third Octet’s management team;
- Working with vendors, partners, and outside organizations to identify areas of improvement, technologies to introduce, and strategy adjustments to remain relevant and competitive in today’s market.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Understanding of Microsoft (on-premises, Azure, and SaaS), AWS, Citrix (Workspace, Networking), IGEL, and related technologies; mid- to expert-level certification preferred (e.g. Citrix CCE, Microsoft Associate through Expert);
- Understanding of key technologies, specifically virtualization, platforms, end-user computing (EUC), networking, security, and cloud computing;
- Understanding of broad financial metrics, KPI development and utilization, and interpretation of results;
- Ability to work under pressure and within a fast-paced team environment;
- Ability to maintain product certifications, and stay up to date on technology portfolio;
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with internal teams and external clients both on paper and off;
- Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently, including punctual responsiveness;
- Ability to understand the key difference between proactive and reactive work habits;
- Working beyond established or ordinary work periods to perfect service delivery;
- Attending to the most detailed aspects of projects to be sure they are completed correctly;
- Focusing on the importance of process rather than just the overall goal;
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate results;
- Setting challenging personal goals and working independently with minimal supervision;
- Able to adapt to change, adjusting skill sets when required;
- Demonstrated level of success in the development of client relationships;
- Proficiency with general office applications;
- Enjoy working with customers and external audiences;
- High energy and drive with ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly;
- Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills;
- Skill in preparing written communications and materials;
- Interpersonal skills including telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care;
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate data entry;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment;
- Leading with a servant and growth mindset;
- Ability to identify and develop reports demonstrating financial state of professional services, including revenues and overall profitability.
- Competitive salary with benefits (health, vision, dental, paramedical, HSA, wellness allowance)
- Flexibility in how, when, and where you work across a 4.5 day work week with a vacation policy that is well-above standards
- Focus windows to permit deep and uninterrupted work
- Broad exposure to technology solutions through client engagements and lab environments
- Funded lifelong learning through immersive education platform (Pluralsight), vendor training, and soft skills development
- Career development paths and planning
- Employee assistance supporting mental and physical wellbeing
- Open voice to shape the direction of the company with leadership who serves your best interest
- Work-life balance
If you are interested and up for the challenge of working with a highly-focused, growth-oriented leader in Digital Workspaces, Hybrid Cloud, Collaboration and Workforce Automation, we invite you to apply now and take our assessment. We are excited to hear from you.
Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, we will only be able to contact those candidates who are being most actively considered for a position. We thank you for your interest and application.