Senior Support Analyst
Report: VP, Services
Advancement: Project Team
At Third Octet, the Senior Support Analyst is an integral member of the Services Team, responsible for representing the technical front-line between us and the client for escalated issues to the service desk. Your focus will be on our managed service practice, including monitoring, continuity, and cloud service management and, where time permits, excel in updating your knowledge to assist and ultimately advance to the project team.
- Working with client IT teams and/or end users directly in a tier 2 capacity.
- Providing tiered support services to internal project teams and external client teams.
- Escalation of client or internal issues to appropriate teams and subject matter experts.
- Reporting of client and cloud-based infrastructures including risk analysis, uptime and overall performance and trending metrics.
- Maintaining internal documentation and abiding by governance procedures and policies.
- Adhering to Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Operating Level Agreement (OLAs) in place.
- Assisting with internal initiatives relating to infrastructure operations, including production and development infrastructures, and implementing demonstration/conceptual infrastructures for client engagements.
- Exploring new product offerings that may align with existing Third Octet portfolio.
- Maintaining certification and taking courseware relevant to Third Octet solution offerings, cloud solutions and modern workspaces (eg., Azure, Microsoft 365, Citrix, etc.).
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of company’s and client’s strategic business plans.
- Document and develop in-depth knowledge of client’s existing IT architecture/infrastructure, and technology portfolio.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility for internal and external operations.
- Participate in internal exploration and discovery sessions with Third Octet’s professional services team.
- Be a mentor and assist in the development of others on the team.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Strong passion for technology and a desire to learn.
- 2+ years of experience with Citrix technologies; entry-level certification preferred, but not a must.
- 2+ years of experience with key Microsoft technologies, specifically cloud solutions and modern workspaces (eg., Azure, Microsoft 365, Citrix, etc.). Technical certification is encouraged, but not required.
- Understanding of Cloud technologies, and cloud-concepts with a focus on Azure.
- Strong understanding of supporting components in a Microsoft-based network, including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and Group Policy Management
- Understanding of local and wide area networking technologies.
- Ability to work with end users and troubleshoot application and/or service-related issues, determine root cause, and effectively capture resolution steps within internal systems.
- Ability to maintain product certifications and stay up to date on technology portfolio.
- Exceptional written and verbal skills.
- Ability to understand the key difference between proactive and reactive work habits.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly while embracing ambiguity.
- Self-motivated, with an entrepreneurial desire and the ability to work in a fast-moving team environment – all about the hustle and grit.
- Competitive salary with personally tailored benefits (health, vision,
- Flexibility in how, when, and where you work across a 4.5-day work week with a vacation policy that is well-above standards
- Focus windows to permit deep and uninterrupted work
- Broad exposure to technology solutions through client engagements and lab environments
- Funded lifelong learning through an immersive education platform, vendor training, and soft skills development
- Career development paths and planning
- Wellness support, including access to employee wellness platform and wellness allowance
- Open voice to shape direction of company with leadership who serves your best interest
- Work. Life. Balance.
If you are interested and up for the challenge of working with a highly-focused, growth-oriented leader in Collaborative (Managed) Services, we invite you to apply now and take our assessment. We are excited to hear from you.
Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, we will only be able to contact those candidates who are being most actively considered for a position. We thank you for your interest and application.
Also note that this role is currently remote. While we prefer candidates in the GTA, British Columbia, or Nova Scotia, we welcome all across Canada to apply.