Work. Life. Balance.
Job Title: Service Desk Analyst
Reports to: Director, Client Services
As a Service Desk Analyst for Third Octet Inc., you represent the technical front-line between us and the client and are responsible for triaging incoming service requests within the Service Desk team or upward to Escalation. Your focus will be on our managed service practice, including monitoring, continuity, and cloud service management and, where time permits, excel in updating your knowledge to advance to the project teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with client IT teams and/or end users directly in a front-line capacity, including the direction of Service Desk calls (e-mail or voice) and tickets;
- Providing tiered support services to internal project teams and external client teams;
- Managing and supporting internal and managed infrastructure elements, including Shared Messaging, Private Cloud, Data Continuity, Monitoring, and AAS offerings;
- Escalation of client or internal issues to appropriate teams and subject matter experts;
- Reporting of client and cloud-based infrastructures including risk analysis, uptime and overall performance and trending metrics;
- Maintaining internal documentation and abiding by governance procedures and policies;
- Adhering to Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Operating Level Agreement (OLAs) in place, dependent on client;
- Assisting with internal initiatives relating to infrastructure operations, including production and shared service infrastructures, and implementing demonstration/conceptual infrastructures for client engagements;
- Exploring new product offerings that may align with existing Third Octet portfolios;
- Maintaining certification and taking courseware relevant to Third Octet solution offerings, specifically with Citrix, Microsoft, VMware, Veeam, HP, IBM, NetApp, EMC, Lenovo, Ruckus, etc;
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of company’s and client’s strategic business plans;
- Document and develop in-depth knowledge of client’s existing IT architecture/infrastructure, and technology portfolio;
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility for internal and external operations;
- Participate in internal exploration and discovery sessions with Third Octet’s professional services team.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understanding of Citrix technologies; entry-level certification preferred, but not a must;
- Understanding of key Microsoft technologies, including Desktop and Server Operating Systems, Active Directory, and Messaging including basic management and administration; entry-level certification preferred, but not a must;
- Understanding of Virtualization technologies, including VMware, and cloud-concepts;
- Basic understanding of local and wide area networking technologies;
- Ability to work with end users and troubleshoot application and/or service related issues, determine root cause, and effective capture resolution steps within internal systems;
- Ability to work under pressure and within a fast paced team environment;
- Ability to maintain product certifications, and stay up to date on technology portfolio;
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with internal teams and external clients both on paper and off;
- Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently, including punctual responsiveness;
- Ability to understand the key difference between proactive and reactive work habits.