Work. Life. Balance.
Job Title: Solutions Engineer
Reports to: Director, Professional Services
As a Solutions Engineer for Third Octet Inc., you provide technical expertise in implementation and support of our technology portfolio, specifically Citrix, Microsoft, VMware, Cisco and Cloud Solutions for mid-market and enterprise clients. Your focus will be client engagements (project focus) in both pre- and post-sales capacities, working alongside Solutions Architects, the CTO, and dependent services teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with clients in a pre-sales capacity assisting Third Octet sales individuals in tailoring the proper solution, as well as assisting sales individuals with quoting the necessary hardware, software, and professional services;
- Assisting and/or Developing Statements of Work and Proposals for client engagements;
- Assisting clients with Proof of Concept (POC) implementations;
- Working with clients and Third Octet engineers and architects in project engagements for implementation, roll-out, post-support, and escalation capacity;
- Creating documentation, project plans, and infrastructure diagrams relating to client-engagements;
- Assisting with internal initiatives relating to infrastructure operations, including production and shared service infrastructures;
- Maintaining certification and lifelong learning exercises relevant to solution portfolio, specifically with Citrix, VMware, Microsoft, Cisco and hardware platforms;
- Assisting with internal marketing initiatives, such as product demonstrations during corporate seminars and client activities;
- Providing technical escalation in a tier 2 and tier 3 capacity for internal teams and clients;
- Participating in internal exploration and discovery sessions with Third Octet’s professional services team.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understanding of Microsoft, VMware, Cisco, Citrix, and related technologies; entry- to mid-level certification preferred (e.g. MCP, MCT, CCA, CCAA, CCEA, VCP, CCNA);
- Understanding of key technologies, specifically virtualization, platforms, end user computing, networking, and cloud computing;
- Ability to work under pressure and within a fast paced team environment;
- Ability to maintain product certifications, and stay up to date on technology portfolio;
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with internal teams and external clients both on paper and off;
- Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently, including punctual responsiveness;
- Ability to understand the key difference between proactive and reactive work habits;
- Working beyond established or ordinary work periods to perfect service delivery;
- Attending to the most detailed aspects of projects to be sure they are completed correctly;
- Focusing on the importance of process rather than just the overall goal;
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate results;
- Setting challenging personal goals and working independently with minimal supervision;
- Able to adapt to change, adjusting skill sets when required.
- Demonstrated level of success in the development of client relationships
- Proficient with general office applications
- Enjoy working with customers and external audiences
- High energy and drive with ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills
- Skill in preparing written communications and materials
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate data entry
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment