Discover how Third Octet, Citrix and Microsoft WVD can future-proof your business today with Desktops-as-a-Service.
IT departments of every size regularly update their desktop management in an effort to strike the ideal balance between user experience, security, and IT overhead. From desktop re-imaging and automated deployment to server-based remote desktops and virtual applications, it’s been quite a ride. On-premises virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) has been a major drive of IT change, and now cloud-hosted virtual desktops offer exciting new benefits in scale, cost, and supportability. How do you get there?
Wherever your organization is on the path to desktop nirvana, some inherent challenges need to be considered.
- Infrastructure sprawl. VDI requires maintaining and scaling servers, hypervisors, networking, storage, and images. Left unchecked, the size of a VDI deployment can sprawl out of control.
- User Experience and performance. Inadequate network and performance planning can lead to slow logins and a sub-par end user experience, negatively impacting adoption and user sentiment.
- Capacity and cost planning. Without adequate sizing and real-time provisioning tools, planning for today’s capacity while being prepared for capacity bursts and long-term growth can lead to costly over or under provisioning.
Turning desktop ambitions into reality
Citrix has been leading the charge to desktop and application virtualization for over 30 years, and Third Octet has been lockstep for the past 13 years as Canada’s go-to expert. Citrix has partnered with Microsoft every step of the way to overcome these challenges – making cloud-native desktop virtualization easier to manage, more affordable, and a breeze to use.
But the way we work today – always-on collaboration everywhere and on every device – necessitates a modern workspace that:
- interconnects legacy applications and workflows with SaaS and web applications;
- makes it easier to get work done by minimizing clicks, screens, and toggles;
- brings intelligence to your day, proactively presenting what you need, when you need it; and
- uses real-time monitoring and analytics to respond to changing security, performance, and workload conditions.
Citrix Workspace with Microsoft delivers the fastest route to the modern desktop
The modern desktop is built on best-of-breed solutions from Citrix and Microsoft with expert guidance from Third Octet. Sitting at the core for virutalizing Windows 10 desktops in Azure is Microsoft Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD), a new Microsoft 365 entitlement that makes cloud desktop virtualization easier than ever. Providing a rich administration layer, the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop (CVAD) service gives IT all the power and flexibility for efficient infrastructure management. At the top of the stack in Citrix Workspace, bringing the high-performance Citrix HDX protocol and a unified, secure and intelligent workspace experience to your users.
Your cloud strategy is ready to go – is the game plan fast or slow?
The middle ground between a staged approach and full-throttle ahead is a hybrid cloud workspace strategy. A hybrid strategy allows you to transition to the cloud at your own pace, leveraging existing investments and skills along the way. You can begin by sourcing a single application, service, or desktop workload and then re-evaluate.
With Citrix to boost WVD, you can manage Azure application and desktop workloads alongside existing on-premises deployments for maximum flexibility in your cloud adoption. When defining your cloud workspace transformation, prioritize your goals to land on a strategy that appeals to all stakeholders.
- Business requirements and use cases are supported.
- IT isn’t forced into a management and support bottleneck.
- Cost and capacity planning stay within financial boundaries.
- Users embrace the change and become more productive.
Get to the cloud confidently with Citrix
Citrix helps you get to the cloud at your own pace with three Citrix Cloud services – Citrix Managed Desktops, Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops service, and Citrix Workspace. Whatever your needs – simple, flexible, or comprehensive – Citrix has the best virtual desktop solution for you.
Top use cases for virtualized desktops
Citrix Workspace with Microsoft WVD virtualization service is ideal for modernizing the workplace and business situations that require short-term access or temporary spikes in capacity.
- Mobile workforce. Give remote and field workers the same desktop experience as office workers with fast, seamless, one-click access to work.
- Modern workspace. Bring intelligence into the workday by proactively organizing workflows and presenting what you need, when you need it.
- Seasonal hiring. When access to systems, apps and data is only needed for a limited time, a pay-as-you-go service gives you flexibility and cost savings.
- Capacity bursting. Keep your application in your on-premises datacenter then burst into the cloud when computing demand spikes.
- Disaster recovery. Restore data and critical applications in the event your systems are destroyed when disaster strikes.
- Business continuity. Failover to Azure to ensure continuity of operations with minimal service outages or downtime.
- Mergers and acquisitions. Provide a fast, secure, and seamless access to parent company resources so everyone has the same workspace experience on day one of merger.
- Research and development. Quickly develop new services and take them to market without putting intellectual property at risk or bypassing security controls.
- Regulation and compliance. Centralized control of all your data makes it easier to comply with regulatory laws and policies.
The best VDI solution for today, tomorrow, and the future
The future of VDI is the cloud and the time to initiate your cloud strategy is now. Citrix, Microsoft WVD, and Third Octet empower enterprises with a flexible, intelligent workspace employees, and IT, will love.
By using Citrix tools and cloud services to launch hybrid workspace deployments, you can confidently build a virtualization environment that maximizes your existing IT investments while providing the modern desktop experience that unlocks user productivity.